Saturday, March 7, 2009

Conversation Shamrocks!

Here's a little bit of St. Patrick's Day math for you:




We made Conversation Shamrock Cookies at my house today! It was pretty much amazing: TXT a Leprechaun, Pinch Me, Luck of the Irish, Let Your Sham Rock, etc. It really was a ton of fun, and Elisabeth and I decided we MUST make this a St. Patrick's tradition.
We made some orange ones because my roommate Melissa told us that in Ireland the people wear orange on St. Patrick's Day instead of green.

This is my roommate Dasily. Look-she has red hair!

Elisabeth decorating up a storm.

Happiness is a table-full of shamrocks.

Teamwork.


Yay for cookies!


After cookies, we had some French Onion Soup, which I neglected to photograph after we put it in mugs, since I was so excited to eat it. But here it is cooking:

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
(note the green apron - thank you Mother!)

p.s. If anyone wants recipes for anything, let me know, I totally have them.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh I so have to make that a tradition too! St. Patrick's day is one of my favorite holidays, probably because green is the color of the day, but that is as good a reason as any, right?

Christina said...

That is so cool! Who ever thought of the "make your sham rock!" one is brilliant. You guys look like you are having a ton of fun, too bad you are poor. Just kidding! Happy saint pattricks day and I really like your blog!