In order to waste less time during the week, my new goal is to only check blogs on weekends. It's actually been working, and I have been feeling immensely productive of late. Unfortunately, that also means I'm only going to post once a week, so you get to hear all about my life at once - say yay.
Here's What I've Been Doing:
Sowing.
Note the cute little trowel (I've been waiting for a good excuse to use it).
Sewing.
Light box.
Here's one of the pictures:
And, finally,
Cooking.
To honor her wishes (and because I know she would make these if she were here) I made brown sugar muffins!
If you have never had Brown Sugar Muffins, you should consider yourself deprived and remedy the situation as soon as possible. It's a beautifully simple recipe, and you really can't mess them up (although sometimes we come up with what I'll call "variations", but all of them have been good :).
Here's the recipe:
Brown Sugar Muffins
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/s tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1/2 nuts (optional)
Mix all ingredients and bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
At home, we never made them with nuts that I ever remember, but we tried it a few times here at college and the nut-muffins are good! Plus, when I ran out of white flour, I used wheat and when I ran out of vanilla I just omitted it, and they were always delicious anyway.
Well, there you have it: my life, pretty much.
I'll post again next Friday, hopefully. In the mean time, have a good week and eat some muffins!
1 comment:
That is so cool!
Post a Comment